Sunday, September 19, 2010

I’ve been a bad, bad blogger. Again.

Eep! Sorry all. I've been so wrapped up in life and knitting that I've neglected this blog thing for way too long. As it stands I have finished the stars and a Christmas tree for August. We aren't talking about the fruit nets or the angels just yet. I'm lucky to have gotten ANY EZ knitting in last month with the giant, 6ft. long stocking cap that I made on commission. Still, I'm pretty happy with my FOs for August. All in all, I finished the ornaments, cap, a flower brooch, a scarf, and a Meowth.


September has been just nuts. I got another order for a stocking cap (which was only 3ft long this time and did not eat up all of my free time), a request for a black shrug from my 5yr old and A JOB AT THE YARN STORE! How awesome is that? I'm stoked. That is the only word for it. Absolutely stoked. I've only had one shift so far, but I've already learned a lot and I got to see the world's tiniest chicken egg. Best. Job. Ever.

I've cast on for the Nether Garments too. I'm making them as pajamas for myself out of the Yarn Bee Snowflake wool that you can get at Hobby Lobby. I picked up a skein thinking that I would really like a pair of fingerless mitts. Once I decided that they were going to be pants, I picked up a few more. Thankfully, I got a great gauge with the first pair of needles I grabbed, so off I went making the cuffs. I started with 80sts, to avoid leggings, and will work straight to the knee. I haven't decided what I'll do once I get to the hips though. I'm not sure if I want to make them sit low on the hips or high on the waist like the pants in the Almanac. I'm leaning towards low, but we will see how I feel once I get there.

I have a bit of a confession to make now though. I'm blogging instead of writing my English paper that is due at midnight. I've written more in the last ten minutes about knitting than I have in the past week about William Wordsworth. Think I can just turn this in to my teacher? I put the guy's name in it at least. . . Blegh. Off to be a good student and finish my assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment