Saturday, January 5, 2013

Here We Go Again!

After quite little break, I've decided to give the Almanac another go. Life got pretty crazy for a while and I think things are finally at a point where attempting this again isn't totally inconceivable. So, to catch y'all up. . .

In December of 2010, when things were pretty much at their lowest for me, I found out that I was having another baby. My husband and I were at odds as to what to do for a while. It was REALLY a bad time for me to get pregnant, we were fighting constantly and I had started packing my things to move out. I don't know what changed or when, but something clicked and we started trying again. Once our relationship was sorted out, the rest of everything just started falling into place.


I graduated with a 3.74 GPA in Biology. My husband got a great job that allows me to stay, at our own place, with the kids. I've learned to sew, cook, and I've even gotten back into gaming (which takes up more knitting time than I will readily admit). Miss E just went through the testing process to be in the gifted classes at school next year. The newbie, Kit, is 17 months old and is my little engineering daredevil. Things are pretty wonderful right now.



My job at the LYS was. . . complicated. I loved the customers, getting to be around fiber all day, help people with design issues, and all of the little things that go with keeping a business running. I felt like I was making a difference in the local fiber scene and it was for the better, you know? God, but working for that woman was awful. She was never there and had no idea what was good for the business. If she wanted it, she bought it, regardless of what our customers were buying or looking for. Eventually (after I left) she started carrying Red Heart yarns.

Yep. Red Heart.

I haven't set foot back in the store since I left, but I've been told that the isles are so close together that you can't walk through the store and that all of the amazing windows don't really let in the light anymore due to the over crowding. *shrug* Not my problem anymore. Love that.

So, now that life is back on track, I am too. I cast on for the January Aran on the 1st, but haven't had too much time to sit down with it. I'm using a lavender 2-ply handspun that I was given by my MIL after her trip to Latvia last summer. It is perfect for this project and the stitch definition is just to die for. I may not have quite enough to make the sleeves, so as of right now, I'm planning on a vest. We'll see how much is left once the body is done. *phew* I'm wiped and have a big day of birthday parties and family stuff tomorrow, so I'll end it here. See everyone next week with (hopefully) more than 1" of sweater finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment