Monday, March 4, 2013

Productivity! In More Ways Than One

I've done a lot of thinking this weekend. Instead of making this month's sweater (I love you EZ but I'm sweatered out) I will be finishing up as many current projects as I can. This includes weaving in the last few ends of the January Aran, putting the second sleeve on the February Baby Sweater, putting the second sleeve on a sweater I started last September *cough*, and tinking back the edge on a shawl that I ran out of yarn for. If I get it all finished I'm starting back in on Susan's Tardis socks. I hate those freaking socks.

I don't know if I'll get all of this done because, honestly, I just don't knit that much anymore. After we moved into the apartment my interest in knitting kind of dwindled. Sometimes it starts to feel like a chore and when that happens I put it down and walk away. Coming from 5+ years of constantly knitting or thinking about knitting it is so strange to not be excited about it all the time. I mean, yeah, this was a long time in coming but it is still bittersweet.

Part of the reason I decided to give the Almanac a go again was to try to get my excitement back up. Maybe as the year goes on it'll happen. Maybe not. I've stopped beating myself up over it though. I still love knitting, we'll always be together, but I can't hide behind it anymore. I've been a knitter for over half of my life and it's time to see what else is out there for me. That's cool. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment