Thursday, June 3, 2010

It Starts

Almost all knitters know Elizabeth Zimmerman. She is knitting royalty. Read her books and it is easy to see why. She has this easy style about everything. No stress, just knitting.

About a year and a half ago, I bought the Knitter's Almanac with every intention of working through it from January to December. Life happened though and the book was lost on the shelf. Fast forward to finals week, Spring 2010. I'm absolutely falling apart when I notice the familiar green cover peeking out at me. I put away the textbooks for a little while and flipped through the pages. It was like catching up with an old friend. Just reading EZ's stories helped me clear my head and relax. That is when I decided to start my little project. I promised myself that after finals were done and the house was put back together I would work through the book as planned.

So what if I'm starting in June instead of January? They both start with J.

I'm also very happy to report that I have finished my first project! Truth be told, I couldn't put it down once I cast on. Bedtime got pushed back a bit but the results are worth it. I even got to use the rest of my first wheel spun yarn.

Life starts again, so goodbye for now. I'll write again soon.

AB

No comments:

Post a Comment