Saturday, June 5, 2010

Keep Moving Forward

Do you ever just have one of those days? You know, the type of day when everything you try to do to make life better/easier/happier for the people around you seems to backfire? Have you ever wanted to curl up in bed and just stay there forever? Today was that day.

Things about today that sucked:
  • Work politics
  • Family issues
  • Rare meltdown from 4-year-old
At work, I was the dumping ground for management's petty little problems with everyone else. At my mom's birthday dinner, I was made to feel like absolute GARBAGE for offering to get part of the tab. Once we (finally) got home for the night, my daughter decided to get in on the fun and completely came apart over a pencil.

I decided to knit at that point. I took on the next of the three hats, Ganomy, which I had been told was the most difficult. I can see how it would be, for a beginner.

Things about today that rocked:
  • Started Ganomy hat
  • Finished Ganomy hat
  • Had a tasty beverage
The hat is wonderful. I used some stash yarn that has been laying around for close to ten years that was originally going to be a shawl, the thought of which sends chills down my spine. It is Irish green and gray and the yarn is a 2-ply worsted weight wool. I'm not sure what kind of wool it is. Definitely came from a sheep though. I love the way this pattern came out. The only thing I'm not happy about is the fact that I could not find a ping-pong ball to put in for the bobble. I got over that pretty quickly though when I had that glass of wine.

All in all, I think today turned out pretty well. Granted, I'm still a little miffed about the needless interpersonal issues that came up and I'm in knots about going back to work on Monday, but it's nothing I can't handle. Especially since I'm wielding pointy sticks and have no inhibitions about using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment