Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Now That's More Like It


June knitting is done! I finished the final hat about a week ago, but haven't had a chance to post until now. We have the Maltese Fisherman's hat (left), the Ganomy hat (center) and the Three Cornered hat (right). Each hat took no more than four hours to complete and they all fit an average woman's head. That says success to me!

The three cornered hat was made with a super chunky 100% Alpaca yarn leftover from a vest that I made for my daughter about three years ago. It is really soft and will hold in the heat nicely this winter. I'm not really sure how exactly to wear it but that is a minor detail.

I'm waiting until July to start the big scary shawl project, so here is what I've been doing in the interim:


Socks for NPH! After his tweet about wanting socks for his birthday, a good friend of mine at knitting decided that we should all make socks for him. She somehow wound up with his shipping address and shoe size before the evening was over and I was chosen to make a pair due to my knitting speed. It has been one full week and I have just finished the heel flap for the second sock. Oh, and this is my first completed sock. Ever. In the 12 years that I've been knitting, I have never finished a single sock.

I may be a little proud of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment